Monday, February 04, 2008

Nobody Cares

Most church leaders realise that the majority of visitors to a church come through the personal invitation from a friend or family member. But we can't figure out why our regulars aren't bringing anyone with them week by week, month by month. A good article I came across this morning gives a reasonable explanation; http://www.davidfoster.tv/?p=657#

I've often said, even in this space I think, that we're all evangelists for something. David Foster raises the same ppoint from another persepctive. I admit that right now I'm one of those people attending a church that I'm not excited enough about to invite friends and neighbours. I've even discussed that with our pastor and staff. I really want it to be a church I can bring people to. There are just a few (maybe a few more than a few) things that are in the way so far. What I am excited about is that there are some people in our church who are happily inviting others and I really believe there is a desire to become more that kind of church.

No comments: